Thursday, October 9, 2008

From Anderson Cooper 360


Before turning in this evening, I flipped over to CNN where on AC 360 (the blog), the posting was about Christian conservative women in Florida who love, love love Sarah Palin. The question: Do you identify with Sarah Palin as these Florida women say they do?



I posted the following, which, according to the CNN protocol, is presently being "moderated." So just in case my comments (which, of course, the world is awaiting with bated breath) get moderated right off the site, I reproduce them here:




The “grit,” “spunk,” or whatever-you-want-to-call it that Sarah Palin’s
supporters seem to find so appealling puts me in mind of the gritty, spunky
women you see on any episode of C.O.P.S., who emerge from their doublewides as
their husbands are being arrested to hurl invective at the very police officers
whom they themselves called because the brute was abusing them.



All that’s missing are the hair curlers, the dangling cigarette, and the bra strap emerging from the sleeve of the muu-muu.

She and her ilk make me sick. And every PTA and youth sports league has
its Sarah Palin.


I almost forgot; there is one way I can relate. I, too, have experienced the shame of unwanted facial hair at times.

1 comment:

Stan C said...

What unwanted facial hair on the "beauty queen of Alaska"? Say it ain't so Joe.