Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Oh, Oh! Time to Bake the Cookies!

S'mores Cookies, above.
Dreamsicles, below.


I almost forgot -- I get to bake cookies tomorrow for the We Care Spaghetti Dinner and Carnival on Saturday afternoon (Sept. 20)! (And if you're in Vegas, come by Reformation Lutheran Church at 6th and St. Louis between 2 -5 for an awesome spaghetti dinner and a fun carnival for the kids.) Tickets $7 per person, $15 per couple, and kids under 12 attend free. It's for a VERY worthy cause: raising funds for We Care, the oldest women's recovery home in Las Vegas, serving women trying to recover from alcohol and drug abuse! I didn't go through We Care, but We Care went through me, and I'm a member of Grateful Hearts, the organization that raises funds for this important institution.



I'm planning on making two kinds of cookies, both show-stoppers, if I say so myself:


Dreamsicles (as the name implies, these taste like an orange creamsicle in cookie form.)

and


S'mores (cookies that replicate the campfire experience without the burned fingers and marshmallow goo!

So, as you see, it's not all politicking, Spanish lessons, trips to Mexico and flirtations with the neighbors! I bake, too! Yeah, baby; I'm bringing grannie back!

1 comment:

M.R. said...

Good luck with the S'mores! Drop a line to let me know how they turned out!