Monday, September 1, 2008

Ramadan


Got an email from Shonagh, letting us know that Abdou, her husband, is shaving his dreads because he's preparing for Ramadan. Muslims have to be ritually clean for this holy month. Shonagh is sad, she loves Abdou and his dreads.
To learn more about my cousin Shonagh and her husband Abdou, and my large Scottish family (and me, of course, go to my website, helenoreilly.com)

I of course saw a business opportunity: The Ramadan Spa -- for all your ritual cleansing needs. I think it could fill a niche!

Speaking of business, check out the San Miguel Trading Company website; I don't do anything other than provide some of the copy -- all the hard work is done by others who understand the "magic" of the internet. But it's cool, and you can see a lot of the treasures of the shop, without going out to Lake Las Vegas. I love working with Marianne and Harry! Being surrounded by beautiful objects and the people who appreciate them, as well as the people who create them, really did my soul good during our Mexico trip!

Gotta go, more later.

No comments: